Connective Tissue, Muscles & CNS

Started by Trevor Somerville, September 10, 2016 · 2 Replies · 2,433 Views

Trevor Somerville

Hey everyone,

Prior to discovering this course I was learning to Olympic lift and while squatting experienced some pain in my knee, long story short I can finally straighten it after 12 weeks of Physiotherapy. They had to do a ton of IMS ( Dry needling ) to battle the severe tightness of all the muscles in my leg and upper back. 

I have been lifting weights on and off for several years and at the same time working a job that has me sitting all day. I've never even been able to touch my toes naturally and have done almost no stretching until now.

My question is how all the muscles, connective tissues and CNS come into play. If my muscles are very tight and knotted do I need to address this through foam rolling, IMS etc.. or can this be remedied by stretching alone?

I guess I'm trying to understand the main components that allow this crazy flexibility/mobility of the body and outside of the course if I should be doing more to address the tightness.

Thanks,

Trevor

Coach Sommer

Hi Trevor,

A complicated subject to explore, but at your level simple to implement.

1 - follow Foundation 1 which is half integrated mobility and half basic strength.

2 - follow the three GB stretch courses once per week.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Trevor Somerville
2 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Trevor,

A complicated subject to explore, but at your level simple to implement.

1 - follow Foundation 1 which is half integrated mobility and half basic strength.

2 - follow the three GB stretch courses once per week.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach Sommer,

I will implement these after fundamentals.