Which muscles get tight when sitting? I'm asking because every time I take a break from sitting I will do a couple of stretches but I'm not sure if I'm targeting the right muscles.
Muscles that get tight when Sitting?
Started by James Coppola, September 8, 2016 · 6 Replies · 2,784 Views
Hip flexors, glutes (piriformis) and I've found my calves and lower back also suffer
I agree with Santiago. Spending adequate time stretching out each part of the body is key. Specially calves.
Thanks you![]()
Hamstring becomes extremely tight ,also abs and lower ribs limiting the spine extension.
Hi @James Coppola, here are three GB Blog articles about stretches to do after sitting for extended periods of time:
- "Two Stretches to Counteract the Effects of Sitting"
- "Mobility for Desk Workers: Table Rocks"
- "Front Splits for Flexibility in GST™ and Daily Life"
Best,
Chris
11 hours ago, Chris Garay said:Hi @James Coppola, here are three GB Blog articles about stretches to do after sitting for extended periods of time:
- "Two Stretches to Counteract the Effects of Sitting"
- "Mobility for Desk Workers: Table Rocks"
- "Front Splits for Flexibility in GST™ and Daily Life"
Best,
Chris
Thanks for these links, extremely useful!