I'm progressing through foundations and just arrived at straddle running man which requires a fairly specific table/bench to perform the exercise. I just put up rings and stall bars in my house and I'm getting a little frustrated with the list of equipment that is required for a lot of these exercises. Is there an alternative for the straddle running man? I'm losing space in my house. Please help.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Straddle running man equipment
Started by Brandon Erwin, September 8, 2016 · 10 Replies · 258 Views
I used 2 bar stools that I put together. Other options: bench, end of a couch outside table.
I use a coffee table.
Can the GB back strap be used for this (attached to the stall bars)? On the description of the strap it says that may be used for "all straddle planche medial glute mobility work"
yes it can @Giovanni Garcea ![]()
I looked at the back strap but I'm a bit confused as to how it could be used for the straddle running man exercise. Could someone walk me through how that would work. Would my head be towards the stall bars? Help please...again.
Hi Brandon,
You are correct, your head would be facing the stall bars and your hip would be lying on the strap, legs straddled. For a visual check out GymnasticBodies Instagram.
I just did them in the gym. You can use any bench… get the hips off the bench and go for it. Maybe a bit tricky with the balance at first ( I had to hold for life), but as I got better, even the balance got better. At home, you could probably do it in your bed, or sofa, or a desk… Just figure out how to and what to grab on.
For a while I used the edge of my bed. Probably not the most stable surface bit it was better than nothing.
I use my dining room table. Which is a tad awkward when guests arrive.
2 hours ago, Steven Gilmore said:I use my dining room table. Which is a tad awkward when guests arrive.
Ha ha, @Steven Gilmore, as long as you don't do it while the dinner is served, I think your guests will be curious about your straddle running man :-)