This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck Up and Knee Cracking

Started by Darren Rousar, September 8, 2016 · 2 Replies · 91 Views

Darren Rousar

When I do the Tuck Up, at the point where I'm standing back up, I get loud cracking noises from my left knee. The noises are not singular, but more akin to crunching some paper. There is no pain, fortunately.
I have tried these with my knees and feet together, apart, angled, etc., and in all cases the cracking happens. However, when I get up from a stationary squat, there is no noise. Quite odd.

In the past I've had some reactive arthritis issues, where that knee would swell. Xrays showed no bone issues though.

So, should I be concerned about the noises?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Darren Rousar, i have the same noises too when i do SLS progressions. they are called crepitus. you don't have to be worried about it since there is no pain involved. @Wesley Tan can help you decrease the noises. :)

Darren Rousar

Brilliant!
Thanks.