This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE1 (Deck Squat)

Started by Martin Jones, September 8, 2016 · 2 Replies · 98 Views

Martin Jones

I am currently doing SLS PE1 (Deck Squat) and, following the advice in the accompanying video, I'm using 3 mats to help me due to poor flexibility. My question is, will using the mats and effectively 'cheating' still develop the range of motion in the ankle, calves etc that are needed to perform the movement without the mats? This may be a stupid question but I just want to make sure I'm targeting my weaknesses using the right methods.

Thanks all.

Leo Trinidad

Hi Martin,

Yes it will because as you grow stronger in that range of motion then you can slowly decrease the mats and keep on improving until your reach mastery without the mats. :)

Martin Jones

Leo,

Thanks for your swift reply. I look forward to eventually ditching those mats.