This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advice for PE4

Started by Guido Franchetti, September 8, 2016 · 8 Replies · 194 Views

Guido Franchetti

I tried PE4 for the first time yesterday, and it looks like I could hit mastery on first go (I'll post a form check to be sure).

Well, for the PE at least. For the iM it goes pretty much as with PE2>iM: with around 2kg my form is good, with 3 is acceptable, with more it is not.
(On a side note it does not help that in my gym I can use either 1.5 kg, which is a bit light, or 4.5, which is a bit heavy, especially if my shoulders are not absolutely fresh).

So, shall I move to PE5 on the basis that I can have acceptable form with up to 3kg, or take the chance to work on getting comfortable with higher weight?

I suspect the latter is a better idea. If so, any advice for specific exercises to strengthen the right muscles and hopefully hasten the process, besides the iM itself?
I feel the problem is strength at end of ROM rather than mobility as with less weight I can demonstrate full ROM.

Alessandro Mainente

For sure work with higher weight it is the long therm goal. try to post a form check of both as fast as possible.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Alessandro, I will post the check today or, more likely, tomorrow.

Guido Franchetti

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, here is the PE with 3 kg. I can do it with more (it felt fine with 5.5kg) but I do not have anything suitable at home. I touch the ground and then lift the bar just above it.

 

Here is the iM, 3 kg as well.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Guido, first video it is okay.

Second one I prefer sloooowly execution, consider the idea to firmly hold the depression on shoulders during the lift.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Alessandro, I will try to slow down the shoulder extension. I noticed that as I lift my spine bends a bit. Is that physiological? I tried to lift up the chest and hold a stronger PPT to correct it, but it did not seem to help.

Alessandro Mainente

yes it is a consequence of a strong ribs in.

Guido Franchetti

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

I have tried to focus on slower tempo and more depressed shoulders as you advised, do you think this is good enough to move on?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

That's a nice work Guido, move on.