This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 and iM, Elbow Side Plank Twist and Standing Trunk Circles

Started by Suzanna McGee, September 8, 2016 · 8 Replies · 120 Views

Suzanna McGee

Thank you for checking my form. I feel just fine in the side plank, elbow touching my bottom hand. But the trunk circles, my spine backwards is rather stiff… :-(  (I am doing the TBS, 4 sessions so far, so it will get better, I hope). I was getting slightly dizzy toward the end, so that's why the wobbly walk at the end  :-)

 

 

Ryan Reynolds

Hey Suzanna on plank twist it looks to me like your are finishing the rep by dropping your elbow.  Keep your elbow in line with your shoulders and finish the rep with your body will make it more difficult. 

IM- keep your knees from bending, it also looks like your feet could be wider apart, and don't forget about stretching to the side, it looks too me like your focusing on the front and back.

Suzanna McGee

Thanks, @Ryan Reynolds. Did not realize the elbow thingie in the side plank. Will go and look at the videos again. Maybe that's why it didn't seem too challenging for me  :-)  Also will work on the trunk circles. Regarding stretching to the sides, that's how far it goes…  (I really feel the side tightness when I do my Pancake Shoulder  exercises in MSS. 

Ryan Reynolds

Have a look through this topic:

 and feed back by @Cole Dano are very helpful.  @Young Chan Park also had a really good post with some illustrations that were posted to the wiki page but is don't see that forum anymore.

Everett Carroll

Nice eye @Ryan Reynolds 

Suzanna McGee
1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Have a look through this topic:

 and feed back by @Cole Dano are very helpful.  @Young Chan Park also had a really good post with some illustrations that were posted to the wiki page but is don't see that forum anymore.

@Ryan Reynolds Thanks, great thread! I see that in the PE, @Young Chan Park is lifting his back leg's foot off the ground when touching the elbow to the floor. Wondering if this is an ok part of the movement, or the feet should be firmly stuck to the ground like the video models do? @Everett Carroll ? I am going to go and work on my Foundation today, and will perfect my moves. 

Everett Carroll

Keeping the feet planted on the ground is best to ensure there is no compensations.

Suzanna McGee

@Everett Carroll here I corrected the Side Plank Twist (feet planted, shoulder kept in line with the elbow)… For the iM,  I read through all the Trunk Circle threads and tried to keep my chest open on the top just as suggested in the other threads… better? 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Great work!