Lower back exercises

Started by ApoShadow, December 22, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,537 Views

ApoShadow

When I try to press to HS, my lower back don't going up, so I just have to press from hands into diagonally body, but it's hard as hell. I don't know how to get strong lower back for press. But pike press to headstand I can do. Sometimes I think, that's all my flexibility, I have bad active flexibility, passive not bad, but active very bad. So, if you know, share some info about lower back strengthening and stretching exercises who help to pressHS skill.

Coach Sommer
ApoShadow said:
When I try to press to HS, my lower back don't going up, so I just have to press from hands into diagonally body, but it's hard as hell. I don't know how to get strong lower back for press.

Tip For Building Pike Press Handstand Strength

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ApoShadow

Thanks, Coach. I tried that, but not worked for me, because legs cannot lift from ground, although changing hands alignment ant distance from wall.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

try working straddles until you are strong enough to do pike.

Blairbob

Try the RLL in a bent arm HS. If you cannot hold the HS this way, simply place your head on a panel mat so your head is not on the ground. This creates a longer lever on your lower back.