This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Single Leg Bridge Curl (SLS/SE2>iM)

Started by William Marler, September 7, 2016 · 7 Replies · 107 Views

William Marler

I don't have 3x5r of this, and am not really close, when I am strict with form. What I find happening now is the first 1-3r of a set are good, then the next r I'll get partially/mostly up, stall, and kip/buck/wiggle to get up the last bit. This element feels like a big jump from the previous iM for me (the 2-leg variation, which I can do without issue)

Any programming suggestions/alterations for working up to 3x5r (and ultimately 5x5r)?  I was thinking of adapting this exercise pair for my weakness -- progressing as if the iM were the strength element (so step1 would be 3x1r, step2 5x1r, step3 3x2r ... etc, until 5x5r), and doing a progression of the strength element that matches/makes sense (I don't have 5x30s, but I have 4x12s easily; so for example 3x1r of the iM, 3x12s of the hold; 5x1r of the iM, 5x12s of the hold; 3x2r of the iM, 3x18s of the hold).

Everett Carroll

Hi William,

Don't reduce this strength element too far below your current capabilities. I recommend progressing it up to mastery level (even if it reaches that point before the iM) and then maintaining mastery level strength until the iM also teaches that point.

Train the iM with strictly perfect form. Only stop the set when form breaks or until you perform all 5r on the leg.

 

 

William Marler

Ok thanks Everett.

Maksis Riley

Something you could try is single leg negatives. 6-10s descent and then pull back up with two legs. Very nasty ;)

 

Max

William Marler

Ya, I've been working negatives in; not quite as brutal as you've described (2-4s descent and stepping back up to the top, not pulling) though. 

Mikkel Ravn

Try using a skateboard under the curling leg, it takes friction out of the equation. 

William Marler

Oh that's a great one ... I've been using a furniture slider. It's slippery, but not perfect (not as perfect as a skateboard would be ...)

Nicholas Murray

If you have access to a rowing machine, you can use the seat as a slider. As Mikkel says, no friction.
Then go back to using a towel (under your foot) on a smooth surface. Much more friction. Much more hamstring burn!!!!!