This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression Clarity!

Started by Jeremy B Brittingham, September 7, 2016 · 5 Replies · 183 Views

Jeremy B Brittingham

Okay, so I was reading some other threads and wanted to clarify.  

Complete noob here by the way.  So let's say on Monday, I completed FL/PE1 3x12 and the coupled mobility.  No issues.  I am scheduled to do FL again on Thursday of this week.  Is the system going to move me onto FL/PE2 on Thursday of this week or will it wait until the first day of the next week in which this move is addressed?  Hope that makes sense.

Someone had mentioned that you can only progress one step in a week.  I attached a screen shot of what I am seeing on my dashboard.  So, using FL as an example, should Thursday be step 2? 5x12?  Or is that what I will see next week?

Thanks, I know a lot of people are asking these same questions.  Don't want to suffocate support with tickets if possible.  

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 9.07.01 AM.png

Everett Carroll

Hi Jeremy,

Thursday is listed correctly since that is the same step as Monday. Next week will be step 2 (5x12s) for both M and Th, as long as 3x12s is successfully completed tomorrow. You won't move to PE2 until you have mastered 5x60s for PE1.

https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/how-mastery-works/

Jeremy B Brittingham

Thank you Everett.  LOL, thanks for the link and thank you for the patience!

Everett Carroll

No problem Jeremy 

Jeremy B Brittingham

Oh heck, one more question.  In the event you reach the last progression in a movement and not in others, do you simply purchase foundations 2?  Meaning, if i have achieved FL/PE 6 but am still on PE 2-3 on other movements can I continue onto FL/PE 7 without mastering other movements in foundation 1?  Probably getting ahead of myself but just curious.

Coach Sommer

Hi Jeremy,

Absolutely.  Completely natural for different elements to progress at different rates of mastery.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer