Hi guys, just confirming form is at acceptable level and any constructive criticism appreciated. Thanks!
Osu
HS/PE1
HS/PE1>iM
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Daniel Cappetta, September 7, 2016 · 7 Replies · 114 Views
Hi guys, just confirming form is at acceptable level and any constructive criticism appreciated. Thanks!
Osu
HS/PE1
HS/PE1>iM
Am I cheating in my iM by rolling shoulders forward? Also width is 1.5x shoulders as I'm getting rice bubbles in my shoulders(snap,crackle, pop) when I go closer.
Cheers
Hi Daniel,
Looking good buddy. Your headstand is coming along nicely. For the mobility its ok to have shoulder crunches, as long as there is no pain. You are doing a good job on this drill, just make sure you are keeping the wrist stacked on the shoulders as you lean forward.
Thanks Tanya. Also weight is 1.5kg or 3.5 pounds. Should I aim for shoulder width before increasing weight? And at what point should I move onto HS/PE2?
Cheers
Before you need to master at shoulder width with 0.5 kg, the begin again with 1 kg until shoulder width and so on.
when you reach 5-6 lbs at shoulder width you can move on.
Hi Daniel,
You are correct, rolling the shoulders forward would be cheating.
Focus on pure flexion only; strive to allow neither internal or external rotation of the shoulders.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks a lot guys, I'll lower the weight until I recieve shoulder width 180° with no rotation of the shoulders and then increase from there to 2.5kg.
Just one question which I am unsure of as I am fairly new at this. I am a little pedantic in gauging shoulder width. Is it inside of fist (pronated grip) to the edge of your standing side delts? Or is it middle of fist to that point? Or is the "shoulder width" the anatomical shoulder? So the acromion?
Cheers, Dan.
Hey Dan,
The middle of your fist in line with the middle of your shoulder sounds about right to me.