I started doing these couple of weeks ago. How am I doing? Feedback is appreciated![]()
The J-curl video is a bit dark, I hope you can see enough.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Elias Lehtinen, September 7, 2016 · 20 Replies · 380 Views
I started doing these couple of weeks ago. How am I doing? Feedback is appreciated![]()
The J-curl video is a bit dark, I hope you can see enough.
Straddleups are good, nice work! These can always be improved and are a great ongoing drill, so keep working them past mastery
if i was nitpicking I'd go for slightly less time between reps, I want a steady relentless rhythm with these.
Jcurl needs some work though.
1) Pace; slow em down and feel a stretch at every point
2) Work on articulating down. Some reps are better than others; some you're nearly doing deficit deadlifts ![]()
3) Depth needs to be a bit deeper. We want wrists at level of the chair at minimum. Obviously this part can be assisted by using more weight, but the building of the spine is a higher priority before emphasising aspects like weighted pike holds ![]()
Thanks for the comments, Jon!
I was quite cautious about the weight I start doing the Jcurls and ended up with 7kg. I feel I could go deeper in the down position with more weight, but lets get the form in order first
I'll make another video after some time!
Here's another go with the Jcurls. Are they any better?
Hi Elias,
You're showing improvement. It is much better paced allowing you to get a much more thorough stretch. You are doing a nice job of curling your thoracic spine, however, the lumbar spine still needs some work. Remember to slow it down and curl each vertebra one at a time. Nice improvement, keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback Jeffrey!
How's my Jefferson curls now?
Hi Elias,
Awesome improvement! I would still like to see a little bit more curl in the lumbar spine on a few of your reps. You've come a long way, keep working hard!
Here's a video update of my Jcurl and stradle ups. How am I doing?
Can someone comment my videos above. I'm especially interested in hearing how my lower back is doing on the jcurl. Thanks.
I just started doing J-curls today. It was so encouraging to go through this thread and look at your progress. Nice work, man.
Did you make those stall bars yourself?
Thanks Stephen! I feel much better doing the PE and im now but there is still some work to do before mastery.
Keep working hard!
I bought the stall bars. It was kind a my birthday present :).
So, its been a year since my first form check on these
. Is the form at mastery level so I can ramp up the reps to 15?
I've been struggling a little with the pace they are going in the follow along video (especially the JC).
Hi @Elias Lehtinen,
Looking good. Just a tip, when you do your straddle up pull your legs upward towards your body and don't pull it too much outwards. Not too wide but more on higher. This will greatly help you with compression that will come handy on the more advanced progressions. Your Jefferson Curl is too fast. It should be one vertebrae at a time.
Ok, thanks for the tips. I'll put them into action.
Hey elias the IM must be symmetric, this means that when you are moving back in the starting position you need to perform the movement exactly like the descent portion. Pulling the weight to the shin bone it is necessary in order to promote a gradual intensity on the lower/upper back.
Ok I see what you mean Alessandro. I make the necessary adjustments and post a new video.
Hello,
How's this looking? I've been trying to implement the pointers above. Its been harder to figure out the going up part than the descent.
Thanks as always!
Nice job, Elias! It looks solid!
Im closing on the 50% of body weight on the im (now at 30,5 kg) . How does the pe and im look? Thanks.
Nice work here, nothing that should be adjusted.