This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE2

Started by Guido Franchetti, September 7, 2016 · 12 Replies · 126 Views

Guido Franchetti

Just started on this element, and below one of my first attempts. The body line looks quite straight to me, but it seems that I am much higher above the ground than in the course videos, what's wrong?

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

 

Jon Douglas

Guido-

Here you are strongly arching through the back. This is useful for other drills, but is not good for planche :)

Have another look at the course video. The back starts straight; the rounding comes from depressing and then strongly protracting the scapulae, like pulling the shoulder blades wide apart, just like in spl / pe1.

You'll probably find you also need to push your hips down towards the floor to keep a straight line; they often rise as the shoulders protract.

Guido Franchetti

I hope this is a bit better

I always struggle to get a feeling for my body line.

Alessandro Mainente

A video from the side it is necessary, remember that it is not required an extreme curled spine, the rounded back it is achieved by certain muscles activation and not through the curl of the spine.

Jon Douglas

Better, much. It's a little tricky to see some of the detail in the shape so I'd like to see a video more from the side, but it looks like you are still curling too much in the upper back. 

Flatten out some more; a little further down this track :)

Guido Franchetti

Thanks! I'll try and uncurl even more and post a video from the side next time.

Guido Franchetti

Is this fine or still too curled?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Guido I prefer less arch in the lower back, hold you belly in.

Also pay attention to hold the feet in the same position, they are not completely symmetric, we need to avoid everything which can cause imbalances.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Alessandro, will work on that.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Guido,

Awesome improvement, nice work!

Guido Franchetti

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner, do you think I can move to PE3?

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks good to me. You're good to move on.