This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on initial "effort level"

Started by Steve Bohler, September 6, 2016 · 1 Replies · 87 Views

Steve Bohler

Hello,

I recently started Handstand 1.

I'm a little unsure of how much weight I should be seating on the writs/hands on some of the initial exercises.

For instance, for FTP/PE4, I can't tell from the video if we are supposed to"press" our weight up using our fingers. Or do we help the fingers out by raising the shoulder or rotating the body. The video makes it look a bit easy and that it's not the fingers doing all of the pressing.

Can someone clarify this?

Thanks in advance!

Everett Carroll

Hi Steve,

The more you press the hand up and the less you rotate, the better. The focus of this progression is to work on completely extending the knuckles at the top.