This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 - Hands and shoulder position?

Started by Fabio Paulus, September 5, 2016 · 1 Replies · 84 Views

Fabio Paulus

Hello everybody,

two questions concerning this exercise:

1. Should I try to press the whole hand equally to the ground? This would mean to also absorb some of the pressure with the fingers and the part of the palm which is closer to the fingers(which I didn't do at first). Hope this question is clear. I think it transfers to most straight arm exercises.

2. Should the shoulders be depressed? It sometimes feels more easy to elevate them, but this also feels wrong so I try to suppress this behaviour.

 

Thanks for helping out :)

Alessandro Mainente

Do not focus too much on the hands, hold them under the shoulders.

You are welcome to experiment also the depression. Once mastered the exercise focusing on protraction and depression then you can add one set doing the exercise with depression.