This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting Foundation Again/ Setting Level Question

Started by Philip Harrison, September 5, 2016 · 2 Replies · 105 Views

Philip Harrison

I am starting Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 again after having to back off for a few months as I was working 14 hour days/ 6 day weeks for that time and just couldn't find the effort to get to my workouts.

I want to start this round using the workout scheduler the GB team has put in place. I'm hoping it will help me do a better job of moving through the progressions. I set up the scheduler to test my level so that I can start in an appropriate place. The mastery test it is giving me is for the full daily work load, i.e. 5 sets of 15 reps. I am sure that I am not up to this because of my hiatus. How can I approach this when doing the first testing? Should I just do my best in the 5 sets on each exercise and the system will figure out where i land? Normally, I would just start on 5th week of progressions but I would really like the GB system to tell me where I'm at and what I should do. Any thoughts?

 

Philip Harrison

Everett Carroll

The scheduler is set like that because those are mastery rep and set schemes. Attempt the mastery testing and input the actual number of reps/seconds and sets you achieve. From there, the scheduler will adjust your workload.

 

Philip Harrison

Thanks Everett!