This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Backpain

Started by Tomas Johansson, September 4, 2016 · 6 Replies · 107 Views

Tomas Johansson

I'm currently experiencing some back pain. This is most probably due to tight quads and hips. I feel it most after pike stretches.

I do stretch series plus a little extra.Foamrolling couple of times per day. Try to stand 2-3 hours per day at work but get painful. I feel good after foamrolling but it quickly comes back so I suspect some underlying problems that I fail to identify. Any suggestions?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Tomas Johansson, how long do you hold the pike stretches? are you also doing foundations along with the stretches?

Tomas Johansson

I hold the pikes according to the stretch series program. I do all 3 stretch series once per week. Handstand 1 twice per week and foundation work 4 Times per week.

Leo Trinidad

@Tomas Johansson try lessening the duration of the pikes when you are doing the stretch series program. also try doing dead hangs on the bar after finishing your stretch sessions. i hope this helps.

Ryan Bailey

In addition to Leo's good advice, I recommend a form check of the movement, or pike position that you are not feeling comfortable with.  The coaches can offer technique advise. Another modification is a stretch strap while trying to keep good form without pain. 

Good luck,

Ryan

Tomas Johansson

This is all good advice but does it adress what I belive to be the root cause, my tight quads and hips?

Leo Trinidad

It would be best if you would submit some videos for form check for the forum coaches to actually confirm that the root cause is tight quads and hips @Tomas Johansson 

doing stretch courses and foundations is more than enough to loosen the tightness of quads and hips.