This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5

Started by Niklas Peter, September 4, 2016 · 7 Replies · 88 Views

Niklas Peter

Hello!

Just started doing planche leans and i wonder how my overall form is.

I think i need to sink down more with my hips, other than that is my protraction and lean ok? Thanks!

 

Jon Douglas

Hi Niklas,

Mind re-shooting this one? I can't really gauge the protraction due to the camera angle, and I can't be 100% on the lean either. I can tell you for sure you will need to work on attaining and maintaining PPT to keep a straight body that does not sag.

Cheers

Niklas Peter

Thanks for the quick reply Jon!

I will try to do a better shot tomorrow!

Niklas Peter

Hi again here's a second shot!

There is something weird with my scaps definitly. It looks like i keep them protracted but my shoulderblades seems to move up the more i lean. I'm abit fatiuged from yesterdays workout so maybe that might affect also, but i'm thinking to maybe regress a little by leaning less to make sure i get everything right?

 

Cole Dano

Jon nailed it even with the original difficult angle. Of course you see enough of these and you can pretty much tell what's going on, and in this case your entire shape changes at about the 2s mark in the video.

The beginning is good, but only lean to the point that you can maintain it, you should be able to clearly feel when the shift happens if you just watch for it. Once you know where the shift point is, stop leaning 1mm earlier and build the hold from there.

This is one element that can be worked though over any number of passes. No hurry.

Niklas Peter

Thanks! I will be try to be more aware when my form actually breaks like you said.

Would you recommend getting up to 30 second holds with less lean first and then start over with more lean?

Cole Dano

Yes, that's exactly what I meant by multiple passes.

Niklas Peter

Ok, thanks for all the help! Means alot. :)