Any suggestions for doing the rope climb exercise in the foundation course without ropes? I'm doing this course at home and do not have ropes hanging from the ceiling. How can the benefits of this exercise be had without ropes?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Rope Climb modification?
Started by Diana Brohard, September 4, 2016 · 4 Replies · 222 Views
2 hours ago, Diana Brohard said:Any suggestions for doing the rope climb exercise in the foundation course without ropes? I'm doing this course at home and do not have ropes hanging from the ceiling. How can the benefits of this exercise be had without ropes?
A rope for climbing for distance is not necessary until Foundation Four
plenty of pulling strength and lat mobility to be built in preparation to measuring your workout in metres
Hi Jon, thank you for responding. The exercise is called "rope climb" but the exercise is where rings are hanging from the ceiling and from a belly up plank position you pull yourself up while holding onto the rings. I'm thinking I could get a home chin up bar that goes in the door jamb and pull myself up towards it. Any other suggestions however are welcome. I really appreciate your time. Thanks!
Hi Diana,
A set of rings will do you best for the rope climb progressions. There are many different rowing variations and only a few you can do from a pull up bar.
Its totally worth the investment. Check out GB gear to order rings.
I have been doing the Czech 1 and Czech 2 exercises at home using a 4 ft (shorter would actually be better for these two) section of rope attached to my door jamb pullup bar. Works great.