This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GST for Healing

Started by Matt Oney, September 3, 2016 · 3 Replies · 163 Views

Matt Oney

Hey!  48 years old, I'm actually in pretty good shape but terrible hips(been told I qualify for a hip replacement)  and after hearing Coach Sommers on a couple podcasts decided to try it.  I've gone through the first workouts for middle and front splits; obviously way behind in everything and having to use many, many blocks!  But I will say while I'm extremely sore the next day after the workout I feel pretty good!!!  Oh, I will say I keep a pretty good anti inflammatory diet -tons of herbs, collagen etc.  

Other notes - Internal rotation and hamstring flexibility are awful. 

My question is  I have all three scheduled once a week and am committed to this but what do most people do in the off days?  Can I do some bodyweight stuff - i.e. single leg deadlifts etc?  Some light stretching?  Am I not supposed to do anything for hamstrings etc the rest of the week? Is there an article in the forum about whats's recommended or OK on the off days?

Many thanks!!

 

 

 

 

Mark Collins

Stretch series is best done with Foundation one, which is full of bodyweight exercises.

Matt Oney

Ok, cool, may be a few weeks till I can swing another 200...

What about sitting in positions?  Example, sitting on the floor in butterfly for extended periods while doing work on computer or watching tv?  Or cross legged or in splits etc. 

Many thanks!

Everett Carroll

That extra work can be helpful in improving extra tight areas but if you're sticking to the stretch courses once per week, be wary of overdoing it.