I'm training pressHS from month and nothing :-( Video.

Started by klops3style, December 21, 2009 · 12 Replies · 2,808 Views

klops3style

I'm training pressHS from month and I can't lift my legs up yet. I'm training that a same exercises for the month and i'm not a give up my legs. What happened? I'm training 3 days for week.

Blairbob

What drills are you using?

I highly reccomend trying to do handstand press down. Handstand against the wall, back to wall, and lower your legs as slowly as possible straddled or pike.

klops3style

My drills:

Warm up: Handstand against a wall,

Exercises: Push ups on hands and legs 90 degrees bent, Headstand and legs lift ( I can do this 15 reps pike even ),

cradle backs, Press Handstand Straddle attempts and calf raises (it is similar to hindu push ups )

P.S. Tomorrow I will enclode my film with my attempts on YouTube.

klops3style
It's my attempt PressHS
Razz

Do not bend your arms if you want a straight arm press HS. You do however need to train both bend and straight arm presses but thats another business.

for straight arms press the drills and skills article pretty much covers it all.

klops3style

Why I'm bending my arms, while I'm doing Handstand Press, even though I don't want my arms bend? Too weak my arms or something other?

Blairbob

Continue working on HS press downs on the wall in straddle. Try to get your toes as low as possible.

Make sure you are pushing against the ground as you press.

Develop more upper body strength. HS holds and wall runs. HS Walking, HeSPU/HSPU, besides planche and dip work.

klops3style

Ok. I would like to do pressHS to 10 February. Do I make on time? (straight arms )

Blairbob

Probably enough time if you devote enough time to it.

Gregor
Razz said:
Do not bend your arms if you want a straight arm press HS. You do however need to train both bend and straight arm presses but thats another business.

for straight arms press the drills and skills article pretty much covers it all.

He is most probably bending his arms due to incorect positions of shoulders when he is pressing. Shoulders must be at the top of the wrists and not forward like in planche.

For straight press to HS, you don't need to train bend arm press to HS, in matter of a fact this procedure makes you learn to bend arm where it needs to be straight. Second thing is in bend arm shoulders must go forward, wich is incorect for straight arm press to HS.

Bend arm press is simillar exercise like HSPU and for similar goals and not for same as SAPHS.

klops3style

Gregor.. Propably it is problem. I did push ups on hands :-( I don't know how eliminated bend arms problem. :-) Merry Christmas everyone :-)

Blairbob

the only way to eliminate learning bent arms is to never allow it.