This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Strange symptoms in hands

Started by Katherine Zodiaco, September 2, 2016 · 4 Replies · 72 Views

Katherine Zodiaco

Hi! I've been experiencing a strange symptom for about 5 weeks. Every night my hands (bilateral) swell. They swell to the point that the discomfort & sometimes numbness wakes me up multiple times a night. WhatintheSamHill....??

While I've been stressing and mobilizing my wrists for years, I've been slowly increasing the demand on them over the past 8 weeks. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thank you,

Kathy

Everett Carroll

Go see a doctor/physio. The physios on here may be able to help but nothing beats an in-person diagnosis.

Katherine Zodiaco

Oh rats. I was so hoping you'd say what I was experiencing is a normal part of the training process.

Jon Douglas
8 hours ago, Katherine Zodiaco said:

Oh rats. I was so hoping you'd say what I was experiencing is a normal part of the training process.

There are some vaguely similar things I've encountered like stretching/mild hypertension of the muscles in the hands, light bruising to the palms that may play a role, but the last thing you want to do is dismiss something that could be readily fixed if addressed early :)

Mark Collins

Definitely not normal, so best to seek medical help.