This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Any need to return to previous PE's

Started by Kevin Sadler, September 2, 2016 · 9 Replies · 282 Views

Kevin Sadler

I was wondering if there is any need to return to a PE after you have achieved mastery. I understand its a good idea if your struggling to breakthrough a sticking point but if your not 

TIA

Kev

Tanya Hill

Hi Kevin, 

Great question. I have been following the GB program for 8 years, starting with zero fitness knowledge. Even to this day I still practice the basics. 

@Everett Carroll @Leo Trinidad @Luke Searra through your experience what would you recommend to Kevin?

 

Jon Douglas

Generally a rotating integration of previously mastered elements as warmup. Alessandro has posted a fair bit on this; I like to use one element per plane or conceptual 'family' per workout per day. So for, say, multi-plane pulling, i might warm up with a pullup and a row variant, and change which variant I use each workout. I also like elements which due to their complexity cover more aspects; for example I always warm up with PPP before planche or hbp work :)

Mats Trane

Its an iM but Tables/Table rocks/Table insideout! I wish I would have kept them in my warm up. I do them these on a regular basis now. So good for shoulder/bicept mobility!

Leo Trinidad

i personally go back to PE1 every now and then to retest mastery. my personal experience in retesting is refinement, volume and rehabilitation. i have lost count on how many times i have restarted but i would say that because of it, i am able to do more advance elements/skills easier than before. i go back to PE1 once I plateau on majority of the elements, if i stopped training because life gets in the way and just retesting to see how strong i have become. :)

Everett Carroll

I'm like Jon and do one exercise per plane of movement for each element along with their paired mobilities. PPP and Planche Lean are staples.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
10 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:

Hi Kevin, 

Great question. I have been following the GB program for 8 years, starting with zero fitness knowledge. Even to this day I still practice the basics. 

@Everett Carroll @Leo Trinidad @Luke Searra through your experience what would you recommend to Kevin?

 

8 years? GB has been out that long?!

Everett Carroll

Longer than that. Over a decade I believe.

Jon Douglas

I started reading material from Coach sometime around 2008, although I didn't get really onbard until 2011, and until Foundation came out, like everyone else, I was trying to figure out how to stack all these awesome tools into something coherent :D

 

Kevin Sadler

Thank you everybody for your input.