This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundations1, Stretch, Handstand1

Started by Jeremy B Brittingham, September 1, 2016 · 7 Replies · 217 Views

Jeremy B Brittingham

Just wanted to get some feedback as I think I already know the answer, but, would most people say the stretch program is a necessity when going through foundation 1.  Thanks in advance for your time and response.   

Or, I guess another question, if you could only buy 2 of the three, which would be best of foundations 1, handstand 1 and stretch?

Everett Carroll

The stretch courses will help you progress more steadily by reducing delays caused by inadequate mobility. If you have to pick, I suggest the courses in the following order: Foundation One, Stretch, and then Handstand.

Jeremy B Brittingham

Thank you.  Have stretch and Handstand 1 sitting in my cart though, thinking about just purchasing both of them, money is tight though.

Everett Carroll

No problem Jeremy.

Douglas Wadle

Frankly, I think money better spent initially on F1 and H1. Then add stretch later if needed.  There's a lot of mobility in F1 and H1 that will get you started.  If you find you are stalling out because of mobility then go get stretch.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of stretch series and it's helped me a lot, but knowing myself if I had started w/ stretch without the foundations, I would have probably given up on it and not followed it through.  I needed to see the benefits and long range goals, and where my weaknesses were to appreciate the stretch programs.

Jeremy B Brittingham

Thanks for the feedback.  Def gonna purchase one or the other today.  Ready to get started.  Like a lot of people on here, avid weight lifter, but I have become so tight in the hips and low back.  

I guess I should have mentioned that I purchased foundations a year ago and never got started.  

Jeremy B Brittingham

I purchased handstand 1 today.  I have it set up to do:

Monday - FL, sPL, HBP, RC

Tuesday - MN, SL, sLS

Wednesday - H1

Thursday - FL, sPL, HBP, RC

Friday - MN, SL, sLS

Saturday - H1

Does this look about right or would people recommend changing things?

Luke Searra

Hello Jeremy,

This will all depend on your time constraints and individual recovery.

What I would like you to do is give this schedule a try and see how your body reacts. From there we can reduce or stick with your schedule.