Benefits of Double Stall Bars?

Started by Darren Rousar, September 1, 2016 · 6 Replies · 2,273 Views

Darren Rousar

So I've just purchased F1 and the Stretch Series and am wondering what benefit there is to having double stall bars.

I'm building these myself and don't want to over do it if I'll not use the double.

Mats Trane

Its nice to have doubles when do straddle pull (stretch) and inverted straddle pulls. These exercises are in H2.

Darren Rousar

Very good to know.

Thanks Mats!

Darren Rousar

Alternatively, if the rungs were strong enough, would a single rack of 5 foot wide bars do it?

I am 5'9" tall.

Coach Sommer

4 foot wide should be sufficient for a single unit if built out of metal.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Darren Rousar

Thanks.

Douglas Wadle

I have a single.  If I were to do it again I would do a double.  I would leave the top few rungs (except the very top) off one of them to help with neck flexion during HLL's.  On the other one I would have the bars go all the way up to help with flags.  I wish mine were wider for straddle work.  Would do 2 x 3' out of wood.  Definitely, as coach states, if you go wider than 3' make it out of metal.