This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip griding during supine flair

Started by Matt Karlin, September 1, 2016 · 5 Replies · 153 Views

Matt Karlin

My right hip feels like it is grinding a bit during supine flair as I swing my right leg around.  It happens in both directions.

Should I work through this?  It doesn't hurt, but Coach Sommer mentions in a previous move--Frog rocks, I think--to avoid grinding.

Any thoughts on alternative moves, or how to eventually correct this?

Thanks.

Everett Carroll

That is pretty typical in this one and is okay as long as there is zero pain. Just keep working the series and it will lessen.

Matt Karlin

Great. Thank you.

Everett Carroll

No problem Matt. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

It just happened to me right now, I didn t go yet so far in the MS and when I did supine flair my hip was grinding. I was scared and remembered there was something on the forum about it, but if you say is ok, then fine. If i open my legs a little less there is less grinding.

Everett Carroll

It shouldn't be excessive or painful. Definitely try to minimize it, Antonio.