This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 and MN/PE1>iM (tuck up and stiff leg windmill)

Started by Suzanna McGee, September 1, 2016 · 5 Replies · 112 Views

Suzanna McGee

Thank you for checking my form. In my windmill I am using 15% if my body weight kettlebell. @Everett Carroll shall I go even slower? (you mentioned slow in another thread before). In the other half in the windmill I turn sideways to show that my knees are straight. 

 

 

Jon Douglas

Fine on the PE; mostly fine on the im however it lacks full internal rotation in the shoulder. This may be a little awkward with a kettlebell but is the only thing missing here :)

Everett Carroll

Tempo was good, Suzanna. With this iM, you want to turn one foot out 90 degrees. If the weight is in your right hand, then your right foot is pointing directly forward and your left foot is turned out 90 degrees. Wes and Claire demo this nicely in the texhnical video if you want a visual.

Suzanna McGee

@Jon Douglas Thank you, I will do the internal arm rotation today. I was not sure that it HAS to be that way, I thought they were just doing it because of the dumbbells rather than kettlebells. I think it could be doable even with the kettlebell. I feel strong in this movement, so I will try to do it.

 @Everett Carroll thank you on the tip on the foot. I can do that one as well and will correct that during my today's practice. 

Suzanna McGee

Updated version of Windmill with 15% of my bodyweight kettlebell. @Jon Douglas I am doing more internal rotation with the upper arm. It is actually quite intense with the kettlebell because of the center of gravity is moving around a lot  :-)  @Everett Carroll Pointing my foot more outwards, just like they do in the exercise videos. 

 

Everett Carroll

Nice fix. Now reach through your legs instead of touching the floor.