This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 and iM (scapular shrugs and swivel hips)

Started by Suzanna McGee, September 1, 2016 · 2 Replies · 82 Views

Suzanna McGee

Thank you so much for checking my form… in the swivel hips, my left leg's internal rotation is much worse than the right one (has been for the past 15 years, from playing tennis probably) and my butt cheek is lifting a bit more. 

 

 

Jon Douglas

It's not a fail, but a point to watch is to ensure that your scaps do not elevate on the shrugs. Nice rom on protraction/retraction :)

I'm good with the swivel hips. Whilst one side is visibly stiffer and this should stay in your warmup, the motion here is fine :)

Good job.

Suzanna McGee

@Jon Douglas Thank you, was not thinking about my scaps elevation. Will pay attention to them today. (I will do all the exercise again today, so I can fine-tune them, before I move on). I will keep doing the Swivel hips as well, because I like how they loosen up the hips. I do them sometimes between the sets of my other gym/glutes workouts. There is a definitely a "pull" (restriction) from one tiny muscle inside when getting the left knee down, internally rotating. Hopefully with my added MS and FS program the tightness will let go with time. (It has been there for many many years). Thanks, Jon, for commenting on my form check posts so fast, I will be able to do it right later today.