Bartendaz dont like gymnasts

Started by Ido Portal, December 20, 2009 · 66 Replies · 19,632 Views

Ido Portal

0vjul2oevN0

02:37 Is this guy for real? even an intermidiate level gymnast can do everything that these guys can do, and easly, (maybe besides the gangsta' talk) but vice versa??! I dont think so.

The bar dont bounce? give me a break. For these kind of skills you dont realy need the bounce. Its basic stuff covered with some low movement quality 'gloss'.

These guys are hilerious, I especialy liked the 'internal-external oblique' exercise on 01:10... What can I say, a combination of advanced biomechanical anatomical understanding and physics....

I am sad to say that many people inspired by gymnastics, but unable to duplicate the same results as advanced gymnastics training, are trying to push their material as 'different', when in all truth, they do not have the same experience, understanding, abilities and skills and coaching that gymnastics has to offer.

Have some respect before I sent some 12 year old gymnasts to show you some moves in your playground. And no, I am not and never was a gymnast.

Ido.

Razz

HAHAHAHA omg I had to stop watching at around 3 mins.. Couldn't take it anymore :lol:

"This bar don't bounce" .....like you need bounce to do a clapping pullup or mucle up :lol:

Hayden Whealing

I am pretty sure all of that video was digitally altered because the things they did were mind blowing, it's to good to true.

sasquatch
mr jones said:
I am pretty sure all of that video was digitally altered because the things they did were mind blowing, it's to good to true.

I agree.

Neal Winkler

Sorry guys, I think I will be leaving this site now because I don't want to be "pure garbage" when I do things on a bar that doesn't move.

Y'all be stupid with yo movin' bahs and shizzle.

Razz

Just watched the last 4 mins and I'm even more in shock :shock: , definately some digital alteration in there! :lol:

Nic Scheelings

Pfff wat a load of crap! I don't even consider myself intermediate in gymnastics and I can do everything these guys were doing.

"this bar don't move" wat the hell? Rings move and that makes it harder not easier stupid!!

They need a bit of a reality check these guys. They should watch the olympics and be truly humbled!

Ah well nuff ranting :D

kickwell

I'm sure all of us here on Coach's forum have benefited greatly from the fact-rooted knowledge he's imparted to us - I know I have. So when talkative and misinformed people engage in speech like this, I hope we can at least show the Coach, his teaching efforts, and his forum enough respect as to not bite back. No finger pointing, just wishful thinking.

JL

Pure garbage, and they don't mean disrespect?

Blairbob

It's entertaining body movement. Something like b-boying and parkour on a bar with dance to make it stylistic.

Sure. I could care less for the most part, but they do have a decent message.

Romulo Malta

Yes, it's totally ridiculous what he says but I'm just curious to know why the heck do you guys think there is digital alteration in such basic moves?

And about the "bouncing" bar, have you ever touched a real gymnastics bar? It does cede, giving some "spring" effect that you can use to get a better momentum and do for example, a giant swing, though I don't know if we can call that "bouncing" in English.

The moves they do are so basic though, that a beginner gymnast wouldn't need any extra "bouncing" help for it.

Razz

Romulo it's called irony

Romulo Malta
Razz said:
Romulo it's called irony
smiley-taunt015.gif

smiley-bounce016.gif

Razz
:lol:
Blairbob

My friend can still do many basic HB elements on a fixed bar hanging off his ceiling. Giants, free hips, flyaway, etc. It doesn't bounce really but there is probably some very small give.

But yes, it's dumb because all the moves they are doing don't really need the spring of a bar to replicate.

deljosque

bad ass losers bouncing? are they stupid?

Seiji

I like these guys because they do certain stuff that gymnasts don't.

However, these guys are idiots :D

Gregor
Seiji said:
I like these guys because they do certain stuff that gymnasts don't.

However, these guys are idiots :D

Stuff we don't do or stuff we can't do? I wan+t to see if they do a stuff we can't do.

Ido Portal

Gregor,

you may be able to do an iron cross, maltese, invert and planche, but can you 'paddle' while going into it??

I doubt it.

:?

Off to train on my bouncy bar,

Ido.

Gregor
Ido Portal said:
Gregor,

you may be able to do an iron cross, maltese, invert and planche, but can you 'paddle' while going into it??

I doubt it.

:?

Off to train on my bouncy bar,

Ido.

Paddle like bicycle? Yes I can. I never tried to inverted though...It's not that harder with paddling once you master the element.

And all stuff they do are easier then malteses and crosses.

Razz

I think Ido was being sarcastic Gregor :mrgreen:

Gregor
Razz said:
I think Ido was being sarcastic Gregor :mrgreen:

Ohhh :oops: :oops: :oops:

HAHAHAHA

I was in the middle of a studying and....

Now I'm embarrassed :mrgreen:

Razz

HAHA well online sarcasm is always a hard thing :P

Seiji

hehehehehe

I like seeing stuff that gymnasts CAN do but don't do. Gymnastics on a bar or so is really refined, while these guys get into the position and fidget. I haven't seen someone doing a planche while holding vertical bars before, so that was cool. (for example)

Coach Sommer
Seiji said:
Gymnastics on a bar or so is really refined, while these guys get into the position and fidget. I haven't seen someone doing a planche while holding vertical bars before, so that was cool. (for example)

4fT6m1Pv94k

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer