Thank you for checking my form and correcting what is necessary… I do point my toes for life, but it is hard to see when having shoes on… In the iM, my back just doesn't want to arch anymore than this (tight hip-flexors?)
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Suzanna McGee, September 1, 2016 · 2 Replies · 114 Views
Thank you for checking my form and correcting what is necessary… I do point my toes for life, but it is hard to see when having shoes on… In the iM, my back just doesn't want to arch anymore than this (tight hip-flexors?)
Hold's fine ![]()
Cow is good; cat is a bit lacking. Is there something specific that is preventing you from arching further? If it is just general tightness I would say stay with it a bit longer
I like to do these most evenings as I get a fantastic shoulder stretch from high reps of these.
@Jon Douglas thank you! The Cow thingie has been like this all my life. I do them regularly, sometimes in the morning, sometimes during the day (even before I started GST) just because they feel so good for the spine. My spine has been stiff what I remember. And I am not as stiff person generally, I've been working on my flexibility even before GST—I can do front splits (not a gymnastic quality, but I bought he program and starting with these this week :-) ) and I can do a comfortable pancake (again, not GST quality, but I started that program yesterday). I am determined to figure out what is stopping me from arching my spine. It doesn't hurt when I do the Cow, it just doesn't move any further. Funny is that my mind is telling my how beautifully arched I am, and then I see the video and almost faint… LOL (PS, I also started the TB program 3 weeks ago).