This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1 +iM

Started by Judith Newton, August 31, 2016 · 4 Replies · 71 Views

Judith Newton

Hello all..

i saved the best for last ! :) This is my struggle with RC PE1 (Hinge Rows) and its iM (One-arm Lat Lean):

Please ignore the straw in my hair. :-) I know i have to get to 90 degrees with my humerus and that i should be more upright with the lat lean (corrected off-camera..)..  Do i just need to build strength to get to 90 degrees ?

Thanks again for any pointers !

cheers..

Jon Douglas

Hi Judith,

The rings are slightly too low and too close together here. While strap length doesn't matter much on hanging elements, short straps will obviously not allow you to pull them apart as required for these :)

It's pretty much a strength thing, but i find there is also a certain amount of timing and active control of the scaps in depression/retraction that contribute to hitting 'squared-off' reps. Practise and volume :)

Judith Newton

HI Jon..

Thanks again !

I will devise/find a more suitable strap-hanging set-up.. thanks so much for your input..

Practice, practice, practice :)

cheers !

Suzanna McGee

This one is so hard for me too @Judith Newton… I did pretty much all exercises at mastery numbers, and here I can do just 4 reps, and feeling not too graceful. A lot of practice needed for me here. 

Judith Newton

Awesome job on getting the mastery numbers, @Suzanna McGee !!

I'm not so strong.. and decided to take the slow on-ramp, skipped mastery testing, and started at ground zero. (Literally, in the case of this PE :))

We'll get there ! Stronger and with greater mobility week by week, month by month.. :) onward !

cheers !