Recommendations on adding swivel/rotation to hanging rings?

Started by Andy Zou, August 31, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,831 Views

Andy Zou

I have the Rogue Ring Hanger mounted into my ceiling and it's served quite well for a few years.  I bought some industrial rotor/swivel/clamp, but it simply couldn't clear the space between the mount and the ceiling.  Wondering if anybody else has attached swivels to their Rogue Ring Hanger or similar setup, and whether it is even important to the training.

Ryan Libke

There are a couple of options that I have tried.  I ended up purchasing swivels like the one made by Petzel.  It was an investment to get two, but they work very well.  The other thing that might work, depending on your set up, are tire swing swivels.  They are not terribly expensive, and are made to hold some weight, but you would need some very sturdy to which to attach them.  

I don't think it is essential.  However, when doing some of the more complicated ring series from old, I found swivels to make for a smoother routine.