This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Middle Split Series very difficult for me

Started by Justin Kaplan, August 30, 2016 · 6 Replies · 325 Views

Justin Kaplan

Of the 3 stretch series this one is noticeably difficult for me.  Several of the stretches and I can't even attempt.  If I had to boil it down to the most important ones to do till I get more flexible which are the most important?  

Everett Carroll

Have you tried the scaled versions of the difficult stretches? It's best if you work on each stretch every time you do the series.

Oussama KHELLADI

yes its a hard serie as the coach said , the common advice you wil get here is to decrease the stretch intensity by using blocs or a chair , for other specific help you need to specify the stretch exercise you need to know more about 

Justin Kaplan

Will work more with the blocks and report back.

Garvin Elmera

Justin im in the same boat as you but the problem i am having is positioning for the blocks. I have been looking at the tips videos but a good portion of the stretches do not include where to position the blocks&Straps during the stretches. Example vertical frog, 90s Piriformis,Pancake Shoulder(Really Hard),butterfly, seated good goodmorning 

Everett Carroll

Hi Garvin,

Have you taken a look at the technique tip videos for those stretches? There are scaling tips within those videos and it is highly recommended to regularly study those before beginning the follow along video. You can find them in the 'Lessons & Progressions' section of your course dashboard. 

Lindsay Blamire

Some things I just can't go as fast as, but if I do them at my own pace I can get through. Pause the video and do the reps at your own pace, then just restart it.