Ankle Injury

Started by kombatmaster7, December 19, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,738 Views

kombatmaster7

Hey everybody,

I was playing football a week or two before Thanksgiving and either pulled, rolled or twisted my right ankle (don't know the difference lol).

Long story short, it is affecting my performance in swimming (hurts to dolphin and flutter kick). I can't move my ankle in greater ranges of motion without pain.

It is not super bad but it is very annoying when I'm trying to push myself to go faster and harder.

My question is, Does it take this long for my ankle to completely heal or is something wrong?

Thx,

-kombat

Blairbob

Rolled or sprain ankles take forever. It really varies, do rehab and take it easy, basically. Sucky thing it is hard to be off your feet really.

kombatmaster7

Ok, so what is ankle rehab and how do I do it?

Longshanks

You tend to work on flexibility until you get your range of motion back then regaining strength tends to consist of isometric exercises on yout bad foot such as balancing on it or using wobble boards. Alternating ice and heat will speed up recovery a lot. Ice cube on the sore area for a min followed by hot water bottle for a min. Rinse and repeat.