This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Started F1 today!

Started by William Lambeth, August 30, 2016 · 5 Replies · 134 Views

William Lambeth

Hi all,

Started F1 mastery testing today and I found I am not a master lol. Tuck ups and Deck squats were kind of a nightmare for me. Plank protraction/retraction completely fatigued my rear deltoids. Lots of pops and cracks with the movement portions, but nothing uncomfortable.

I like the follow along format with the videos and I can tell already this is going to be challenging and rewarding!

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but it would be nice to have a detailed demonstration for each movement somewhere on the site. I found myself watching the video and trying to figure out proper form visually without a detailed verbal description. So if those demonstration videos exist, please direct me to them.

Happy to start this journey!

William

William Lambeth

I found links to the demo videos on my dashboard :D All of the progressions are listed. I just didn't realize those were links to demo videos. Hopefully this helps newbies like myself!

Everett Carroll

Glad you found them and that they were helpful William. Let us know if you need anything else. We are always here to help. Enjoy your training!

Julia Quigley

Welcome!! Best of luck on your journey. If you stick to it, you'll be really happy with what you can accomplish. 

Jon Douglas

Welcome aboard :)

William Trask

William,

Welcome to Gymnastic Bodies!

I too just started about 3-months ago. The forums are super helpful so if in doubt just ask.

Personally I didn't bother testing mastery at the beginning of Foundations... I just started at Week 1 with PE1 for all exercises. While internally I want to advance quickly, I decided to be slow and methodical and try to build the best foundation I possibly can while enjoying the journey. I must say, its been awesome! 

Only tip, start the stretch series sooner than later as I hear mobility impedes the journey more frequently than lack of strength.