This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Frequency

Started by Steffen Rasmussen, August 29, 2016 · 6 Replies · 250 Views

Steffen Rasmussen

Hi GB's

I feel amazing after doing the thoracic bridge stretch, so I was wondering if I can do it more than once a week? Or maybe every 5th day? Or maybe just part of it more than once a week? 

Was is your thoughts on that?

All the best 

Steffen

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Steffen, nope especially the T-spine work is very demanding on the connective tissue of spine and shoulders capsule. Instead of doing that more, take 1-2 exercises from the course like cat stretch version and do them daily.

Steffen Rasmussen

Thanks for your reply Alessandro!

Would you recommend one set of 2 minutes or multiple sets of 30 seconds then? :-)

Christian Nogueira

The traps + seal stretch sequence is also very good (TB SE5 to TB SE9). For me those are the ones that contribute the most to that well being feeling in the shoulders 

Keegan Yentsch

Personally I just do 1 (maybe more if I am feeling tight or have extra time) set of 30 seconds of a few stretches targeting my tightest areas (for me I'm really liking the Inverted Cat, seated shoulder extension, SE6 and SE7, and SE9). You shouldn't really be trying to "gain flexibility" on the other days of the week, just trying to keep the tissues supple and prevent them from tightening back up before your next TB Stretch session; at least that's my understanding and I am seeing good improvement following that model.

Hope this helps.

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/29/2016 at 11:58 PM, Steffen Rasmussen said:

Thanks for your reply Alessandro!

Would you recommend one set of 2 minutes or multiple sets of 30 seconds then? :-)

at least 40 '' hold up to 60'' for the shoulders exercise like elevated cat. on the reverse cat there is more connective tissue involved in the spine so I prefer set of 2'. 1-2 set of each exercise if you are tight it is enough.

Steffen Rasmussen

Thank you guys! :-)