This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower limb mobility after ankle fusion surgery

Started by Antti Lahti, August 29, 2016 · 1 Replies · 32 Views

Antti Lahti

Hi,

I'm loving the program thus far but today is the day I've been dreading. I was in a pretty severe skydiving accident two years ago and suffered very high energy pilon fractures in both of my ankles and a burst fracture in my L1 vertebra. The result is that my left ankle has fairly limited ROM and I had fusion surgery on my right ankle last year. I'm able to do a modified Ape, Frog and stiff bear without any significant pain etc. I can work on stretching the left calf but stretching the right one is basically impossible. 

Do you guys have any ideal for alternative exercises that I should do and/or things I should absolutely avoid? I'm clearly not aiming to compete in Tokyo 2020, I just want to get as fit as possible with the tools I have left.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Everett Carroll

Glad to hear you're enjoying the course Antti. I recommend you work with a physio on this. They will help you make modifications and steer clear of potentially harmful exercises.