Revelation

Started by Graham Smith, August 29, 2016 · 3 Replies · 1,466 Views

Graham Smith

So I just read the August newsletter, and the bit on shoulder mobility about reaching behind you and touching your pinkies together.  I tried it.  I couldn't even touch my pinkies together.  No problem, I'll just sit up a bit higher.  Still nope.  Sit a bit higher? nope.  Higher still? Nope, because that's the end range of my hip flexibility!

I've got a LOT of work to do.  back to F1 for me :lol:

Alessandro Mainente

Keeo working man, think about how much time you passed without working on your weak point.

Leo Trinidad

Yes keep on working man. You are not alone on this. Refining is neverending my friend. :) 

Graham Smith

Thanks guys.  the encouragement means a lot, because at the moment it feels a bit hopeless.  (taken some time off from aerial silks training due to recuurent shoulder impingemwent...I think I've fgured out the cause of that!)

Sad thing is 20 years ago I was a competetive gymnast and rings were my specialty.  Amazing how destructive riding a desk is.  I'm stronger now than I was then as a teenager, so I didn't think I had a problem.  One reason I keep coming back to GST is just how humbling it is.