This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout Scheduler Not Advancing

Started by Brian Boyd, August 29, 2016 · 7 Replies · 148 Views

Brian Boyd

I've checked my schedule for tomorrow, which is my third week, and it has me doing step 1 on everything again (for the third week in a row; it didn't advance in week 2 either). Are they determined independently or do you have to do all exercises for them to advance? For example, I can do FL/PE1 no problem and have logged it two weeks in a row as done so it should advance to step 2, however, I don't have rings yet and therefore don't do RC/PE1; is the non completion of the entire weekly schedule restricting everything from advancing or is something wrong with it?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Brian Boyd,

The reason why your schedule didn't advance is because you didn't complete all exercises. If you log even one exercise as not attempted you have to repeat all workouts.

I hope I answered your question. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything else I can help you with.

Brian Boyd

Thank you for the response Leo.

I'm assuming it looks at all Foundation 1 exercises for the week since I'm doing the 3 day split and neither part is advancing but does it also look at the Stretch series? Assuming no, if I edit RC/PE1 out of the weekly workout instead of entering did not attempt, will the other Foundation 1 exercises advance?

Patriq Hansson

To clearify, do I need to log ALL workouts for the week as attempted or mastered in order for the scheduler to advance? 

I've done 4x6 Scapular shrugs for I don't know how many weeks now, and would like it to advance, but in the same workout I also try 4x48 sec FL/PE1 which I'm still not able to complete. 

Also, I've set up the scheduler on a 4 days/week á 30 minutes, which is my goal to complete. 

Most weeks I have to skip a day though because of work or other life events. 

Would it be better to move down to a 3 day split? 

 

Thanks 

Leo Trinidad
20 hours ago, Brian Boyd said:

Thank you for the response Leo.

I'm assuming it looks at all Foundation 1 exercises for the week since I'm doing the 3 day split and neither part is advancing but does it also look at the Stretch series? Assuming no, if I edit RC/PE1 out of the weekly workout instead of entering did not attempt, will the other Foundation 1 exercises advance?

You can manually remove RC/PE1 by going to the workout scheduler and clicking "configure workout" button (gear icon) 

I hope this helps @Brian Boyd

Leo Trinidad
2 hours ago, Patriq Hansson said:

To clearify, do I need to log ALL workouts for the week as attempted or mastered in order for the scheduler to advance? 

I've done 4x6 Scapular shrugs for I don't know how many weeks now, and would like it to advance, but in the same workout I also try 4x48 sec FL/PE1 which I'm still not able to complete. 

Also, I've set up the scheduler on a 4 days/week á 30 minutes, which is my goal to complete. 

Most weeks I have to skip a day though because of work or other life events. 

Would it be better to move down to a 3 day split? 

 

Thanks 

Hi @Patriq Hansson yes its better if you switch to a 3 day split because skipping a day means you did not log in your workout. I hope this helps.

Ossi Karppinen

Oh wow good thing I stumbled upon this topic right at the start. I have been doing both Fundamentals and F1 from Sunday on and I've skipped the ring exercises because I need to wait a couple days before I get access to any kind of place they are possible to perform. Even though I probably would have made it to a step five or six on the first exercises I chose to start from the very beginning to avoid any injury and to have my time getting used to the motions. I would have felt frustrated if I didn't advance to step 2 after this first week.

Patriq Hansson

Another question on the schedule topic while we're at it. 

Is there any way to manually change the order in which the exercises are presented in the schedule? 
For example: Handstand comes after Foundation in the scheduler, but I like to do them first. 
Also within the Foundation, SL comes before MN but I like to switch them around. 

This is of course just a minor issue, but it would still be nice to get them in my prefered order as I log them on my iPhone during the workouts.