This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 A clicking elbow joint

Started by Matias Laine, August 28, 2016 · 1 Replies · 47 Views

Matias Laine

Hi,

While doing Hollow Back Presses (PE2) I experience a clicking (or popping) joint in my left elbow. It only appears when I go past the 90 degree angle of my eblow. If I limit the ROM to that 90 degrees, the clicking does not appear and I do not get any pain from the movement.  The issue was the same in incline pushups (PE1) but did not cause the pain probably due to the fact that there was less pressure involved.
Do you have any suggestions how I could increase my ROM to be able to do the full movement ?

Should I try to avoid the clicking and slowly to increase the ROM?

Cole Dano

My first guess is you're letting the elbows fall to the sides or flair out in doing these. 

Another possibility is the angle your wrist, assuming your elbows are not flaring experiment with the angle letting the fingers point more towards the sides and look for what feels best.

If none of this helps, post a form check for more advice.