This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson Curl - Form Check

Started by William Trask, August 28, 2016 · 3 Replies · 104 Views

William Trask
Since starting Fundamentals May 26, I was about 4-5-inches from touching the floor. My posterior chain flexibility is improving with all the stretch series work so I decided to start Jefferson Curls as part of my daily limber. I'm working on my compression at the bottom, but any other tips would be welcomed.
 

 

Steven Gilmore

That's a huge improvement in 3 months. Nice harp music to get you going too!

Guido Franchetti

Hi William, I have just started on this element so I am definitely not an expert. I think you should keep your feet together, and have more PPT: you should keep PPT for as long as possible when curling down, and start the movement with PPT when uncurling, so that you are fully in PPT by the time you have uncurled.

Congratulations for the progress!

Alessandro Mainente

You need to:

-keep feet together all the time

-hold the bar on the legs as much as possible and move it away only to pass over the feet, then when moving back to starting position stay closer to the legs as much as possible after passing the legs.