This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Old shoulder impingement - anything extra?

Started by John Demas, August 27, 2016 · 2 Replies · 106 Views

John Demas

Hello.  Starting GST at 45.  Loving it. I have had right shoulder impingement since my 20's when doing overhead work or reaching over the front of my body; nothing severe but definitely not normal.  My main activity had been running so wasn't really putting my shoulder to the test. In my 40's I decided that I had to add mobility and strength training to my longevity routine.  I actually went to get my shoulder checked and bones are fine so they sent me to PT.  They had me doing capsule stretches and said my pec minor and lats were shortened and my scap needed more mobility.  I worked with them for a while and got a lot better.  I'd say Im at about 75%. 

Still, while doing the daily limber routine and sometimes during push ups my right shoulder definitely feels weaker and in some instances there is mild pain. It feels like stretching pain, not like a "there is an injury" pain.  

So my question is... Should I be doing anything additional to daily limber and foundations one routines to get that shoulder back to 100%?

Thanks a ton!

Love GST!

 

JP Demas

 

 

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Sorry JP but I recommend you work closely with a physio on these issues. We can't diagnose over the forums and if there is pain or discomfort, it needs to be taken care of in person.

John Demas

Understand, thanks!