This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can I do it everyday?

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, August 27, 2016 · 3 Replies · 200 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hello everyone,

I am new to GB, just working for a month on it. I have a question I hope someone can answer me. When I started doing the Thoracic Bridge Series I realized I was super tight and not flexible at all. 1 week ago I also started the middle split series because I couldn t do at all the "SLS PE2", so I found that I am also super tight. I have a herniated disc (L5-S1) since 4 years ago and I suffered a long time sciatica. I am  ok now, no pain, but I always avoided shoulder extension because I was afraid of it and now my spine has no mobility in extension. So my question is the next: I ll be doing once a week the TB and the MS sessions, but as my mobility is very reduced I was thinking about picking up just a few strecht exercises from each serie and do them everyday for 1 minute each if I have not done already in a structured session of course. It will be just 9 minutes everyday. I have made my choice of exercise thinking on my weak points and also thinking that they were the most important, but I d like to know if they are the correct ones to do it or if I should pick up another or if there is someone I shouldnt be doing everyday.

My choices are (1 minute each):

Thoracic Bridge: Supine Shoulder Extension, Seal Strecht, Elevated Cat and Standing Pike

Middle Split: Standing Pancake, Piriformis, Frog, Butterfly, Floating Pancake.

Alright to do them everyday? Should I pick others?

Thanks a lot in advance. I haven t purchased the Front Split Series, i ll do it soon and they I ll try to find my weak points...

 

Alessandro Mainente

My suggestion is doing everydays: elevated cat and inverted cat for t-spine. for MS butterfly and frog. I would do the other pancake variations with straight legs once a week.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Ok, thanks for your answer. I will do that and when I purchase Front Split I ll seek for advice again!

 

Alessandro Mainente

For sure Antonio, the reason of my suggestion is that big and little adductors are strong muscle which can recover faster, on the other side sartorius and gracilis have more connective tissue so I suggest to be careful with them and play with the straight leg variations once a week.