8 Yr Old Manna !!!

Started by Jacob Marks, December 18, 2009 · 13 Replies · 3,349 Views

Jacob Marks

4195457492_5f2a01822c.jpg

New 8 yr old level 4 is very close to manna! He trained the middle spit hold for 6 months and is 130 degrees by himself!

Keep Training!

Jacob

Blairbob

Nice, as well I re-edited the link for you as it wasn't coming up. I opened up the link and copied the proper url.

Used to have a boy who btw dominated L4 (1st place AA every meet including state) who could motion through Manna. Quit at L6 to do other sports.

Jacob Marks

Thanks Blairbob

I m still new at this tech business and been having a bit of trouble doing the pic and video inputs correctly!!!

How do you get the right url and where do you put it in the brackets?

Much Appreciated

Jacob

Blairbob

To correct it, I selected copy image address in the prior link.

Razz

yeah the link in the img brackets has to be to the image itself, so that the website ends with a .jpg or .gif or other image files extensions

Coach Sommer
Coach Marks said:
He trained the middle spit hold for 6 months and is 130 degrees by himself!

Nicely done.

This is an excellent example of the power of "time" as the most powerful training supplement. The areas of patience and perseverance are where most of us consistently fail in our training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Felipe

Nice, but I would love to see someone who learned the skill in the adulthood. It seems like an impossible fact.

IHMO Using bands or weights would accelerate the progresses (or not?)

Also, acrobats can hold people on their legs while in a manna position, how many years for doing something like that?

Coach Sommer
Felipe said:
but I would love to see someone who learned the skill in the adulthood. It seems like an impossible fact.

IHMO Using bands or weights would accelerate the progresses (or not?)

There are several reasons for this:

1) Adults need to focus on additional active flexibility in the shoulder girdle.

2) Adults typically get bored with the week in/week out repetition and fail to develop the necessary solid foundation in the horizontal middle split hold.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Felipe

This is a precious information, in fact I lacks on these 2 points :lol:

Jacob Marks

He is really doing well due to your BtGB principles, especially in his Circles went from 1 to 10 in 2 weeks.

braindx
Felipe said:
Nice, but I would love to see someone who learned the skill in the adulthood. It seems like an impossible fact.

IHMO Using bands or weights would accelerate the progresses (or not?)

Also, acrobats can hold people on their legs while in a manna position, how many years for doing something like that?

I'll let you know when I get it.

I think the most absurd part about the skill to me is that it's like cross was in that the closer I get to full 180 the exponentially harder it becomes.

Valentin

What did you find made the biggest difference from him going from 1 circle to 10? What are the things that you find that helped the most, or had the most impact?

Marlon
Felipe said:

Also, acrobats can hold people on their legs while in a manna position, how many years for doing something like that?

The position acrobats base people in is really much more of a v-sit than a manna. It's actually much easier than doing a manna because you have so much counter balance on your feet from the flier that your shoulders actually shift forward front of your hands.

AlexX
Felipe said:
Nice, but I would love to see someone who learned the skill in the adulthood. It seems like an impossible fact.

IHMO Using bands or weights would accelerate the progresses (or not?)

Also, acrobats can hold people on their legs while in a manna position, how many years for doing something like that?

I don't think that the manna is some mystical beast for adults. Braindx is close to a manna and I believe he only trained it in adult hood (he would have to confirm). If anything I'd say that it's simply not a move that most concentrate on, people prefer to spend time on planche and iron cross work rather than manna training.