This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on HS2...

Started by Patrick Rentz, August 27, 2016 · 5 Replies · 166 Views

Patrick Rentz

I began HS1 a few weeks ago, and have noticed that it's OK/recommended (but not required) to do HS2 alongside it and Foundations (correct me if I'm wrong).

HS1 includes the wrist elements, then one PE/SE+mobility at the end. Does HS2 have any elements like the wrist strengthening ones, or will it simply add on a single PE/SE+iM for the press handstand? It's attractive to me because it seems like it will work on pancake mobility, which I'm in desperate need of.

I'm looking into purchasing at some point but am wondering about the time commitment, because I'm already doing F1, H1, and all 3 stretch series. Thanks for the feedback.

Everett Carroll

Hey Patrick,

You are correct in that it is highly recommend you train H1 and H2 together. It is a PE/iM setup just like H1 and is filled with my favorite pike and pancake mobilities. Don't be too worried about the extra time. It integrates smoothly with H1 and doesn't take a whole lot of extra time. You will most definitely see improvement in your pancake and get a nice head start on press handstands. 

Andreas Adolfsson

I'm doing foundation, H1 and the 3 stretch series. Will I get something new out of H2 mobility?

Jeremy Aldridge
9 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Patrick,

You are correct in that it is highly recommend you train H1 and H2 together. It is a PE/iM setup just like H1 and is filled with my favorite pike and pancake mobilities. Don't be too worried about the extra time. It integrates smoothly with H1 and doesn't take a whole lot of extra time. You will most definitely see improvement in your pancake and get a nice head start on press handstands. 

Hey Everett,

Are we suppose to get to a certain PE in HS 1 before adding HS 2? I was under the impression that 1 must be mastered before moving to 2. I would love the extra pancake work though.

Guido Franchetti

Hi Jeremy,

Coach specified the courses prerequisites and co-requisites here

 

Now, I can see how one could replace stall bars with a box or something similar for HS2 PE1, but how about HS2 PE1 iM?

Jeremy Aldridge

Thanks Guido!