This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arthritic Knee and Doing Ape/Crab

Started by Elliott Felson, August 27, 2016 · 4 Replies · 90 Views

Elliott Felson

I have an arthritic Knee and have problems putting any pressure on it like in a bent knee formation of the ape and crab. How should I modify them so it's not painful and so I can still derive benefit from the modification?

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Elliot, 

The best thing you can do with an issue like this is work through Fundamentals with your physio. They will be able to help you better understand your specific limitations and make safe modifications. The best advice I can give you is to avoid pain in your training. 

Elliott Felson

Thank you!

Alexander Ullmann

I have Arthritis in my ankle and have found diet can seriously impact my symptoms. If you haven't looked into this before you might be surprised by the results. 

Elliott Felson

Thank you!