This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2

Started by Jennie Jussaume, August 27, 2016 · 2 Replies · 75 Views

Jennie Jussaume

Hi,

These are my first attempts at MN/PE2 and the Jefferson curls. Clearly form is not perfect. How is it best to progress with the programming? Should I choose the "I can't do any repetitions" option and stay on Step 1 until these are perfect? 

Thank you,

Jennie

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcWtru2SUko

Tanya Hill

Hi Jennie, 

Welcome to the GymnasticBodies community. Thank you for sharing your video. 

The better you can preform each exercise the stronger your foundation base will be. When you move up into the next exercise you will be happy you staying and worked to perfection. :) 

You are on the right track with your straddle ups, but they are not quite there yet. I do like that you are bringing your chest up with a flat back, but those legs must be locked and toes pointed hard. Keep working at it. 

For the Jefferson curl. Bring your feet together, toes together, makes sure your toes are on the box as well and not hanging off the end. In this exercise it is very important that you are locking your legs out, so make sure you keep them locked and straight the whole time. Try to roll your spine one vertebra at a time, go a little slower and work your mid to lower back. I can see it is tight and is rolling as one. The Jefferson curl will also help you improve straight legs on your straddle ups. 

Work hard to get good, then work hard to get better. 

 

 

Jennie Jussaume

Hi, Tanya! 

Thank you for the tips and encouragement! 

If I understand you correctly, I'll stick with step 1 (3 rounds of 3 reps) until I have the form right. Let me know if I have this wrong.

Thanks,

Jennie