This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE5 and iM form check

Started by William Marler, August 27, 2016 · 9 Replies · 197 Views

William Marler

Hey coaches,

I'm wondering if this is acceptable form for the MN/PE5 and its accompanying iM. I do not demonstrate the ROM/Flexibility that Dillon and Claire demonstrate, but the course focus points say "moderate discomfort is acceptable; do not work too hard," and that is how I would say my hamstrings and shoulders feel here. I can go up another step, but not when doing back-to-back reps of HLL's & ladder walks like this -- then "moderate discomfort" turns into "unsustainable discomfort" in my hands (and I have to take rest breaks, and tend to rush). Would it be appropriate to continue progressing, or should I stay on step 3 until I can consistently achieve another step up on the bars (or something else?)

Thanks

 

Jon Douglas

I definitely want to see another rung closer there, and I'd prefer two :)

Obviously my watching is a bit subjective but you don't look at all like you're struggling there

William Marler

Ok thanks. And I'm glad I could make it look effortless.

William Marler

How important for mastery is it to stand all the way up between stepping up/stepping down a rung? Dillon has some reps where he's coming down and he doesn't stand all the way up.

I ask because this was on my schedule today, but I forgot my camera. I was able to step one rung higher for each iM (I didn't try 2), and lower into the stretch, but I was not able to pull back up to standing afterwards (it felt like a strength limitation in my lats). I did what Dillon did, and stepped down a rung from a partially standing position. 

Thanks,

 

Jon Douglas

Textbook answer is, that's low hanging fruit for further str/mobgains :D 

 

William Marler

Going up another rung sure didn't feel like low-hanging fruit, but I got it. Did 4x2r back-to-back with iM yesterday, 2 bars between hands & feet on the iMs:

LMK your thoughts on form/tempo if you have any. TIA. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

At the top of every compression focus on moving the butt lower and lower before beginning the reverse walk to the first pole.

William Marler
On 10/18/2016 at 3:00 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

At the top of every compression focus on moving the butt lower and lower before beginning the reverse walk to the first pole.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're advising I do : (. Could you say it differently?

Alessandro Mainente

You are performing a walk on the stall bar doing a pike stretch on every pole. instead of moving further on an higher pole you should first try to lower down the butt as much as possible. 

William Marler

Ok, thanks.