Elbow pain

Started by Stephane Khaida, August 26, 2016 · 4 Replies · 2,435 Views

Stephane Khaida

Hi, my name is Stephane. I have been doing calisthenics for a while now and some gymnastic moves. I also do indoor climbing. I am trying my best to perform exercise with technique and good form. However, about 3 weeks, I started to feel pain in my elbow. It looks like I have got golfer's elbow.
I am doing a lot of work on bars but not on rings. Do you think that's training with rings would help??

Thank you :)

Tanya Hill

Hi Stephane, 

Taking your training back to basics is going to give you the most benefit. Conditioning the forearms properly, strengthening the wrist and making sure the shoulder stabilizers are all conditioned will help support the elbow. Elbow pain can be very tricky make sure you never train through pain. You may need to take some time off to let them heal. 

Stephane Khaida

Thank you very much Tanya.

Juraj Blasko

Hello Stephane, do you still have the pain? Im asking, because I have the same problem now. It started more than a month ago, its quite limiting :(. Thanks for response. 

Alessandro Mainente

IN the case of elbows flexor please check a PT but i have the bad sensation that your situation it is more a brachioradialis syndrome, usually confused with golfer's elbows that is more concerned with wrists extensor rather then elbows flexor. your injury it is typical of weak connective tissue and too much effort on them with too less recovery time added to bad programming.