This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bridge wall walk form check/ help

Started by Mikey Cunanan, August 26, 2016 · 6 Replies · 175 Views

Mikey Cunanan

Hello all, I have been doing the thoracic bridge series religiously for around 4 months now. When I started I struggled, and still do, with thoracic extension and shoulder flexion. I feel like my body is starting to open up finally. I would like to ask you to critique my form on the bridge wall walk so that I can perform them more efficiently. I feel I am really close to performing this movement without aid from the hands. It seems my lack of thoracic extension is making this very difficult. Any advice is appreciated.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work mikey, before moving back to standing position spend some seconds on pushing your chest to the wall.

Mikey Cunanan

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente I will definitely work on being more present and focused when it comes time to do these again. Treat it as an elevated bridge and bring chest in front of the hands.

Suzanna McGee

@Mikey Cunanan I don't really have any advice to you (I am only 2 sessions into TB), but I just had to comment how great you've progressed. Your bridge is very impressive to me, and you are a motivation for my journey. Keep up the good work!!!

Mikey Cunanan

 

Just a quick update! I have made a few changes to my technique, which includes pressing my chest towards the wall before walking up. The stretch feels amazing in the upper chest. Today I tried using no hands, apparently I am not quite ready for them yet. Alas progress is progress!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Not bad but I do not want asymetrical movement. in your execution all the weight is absorbed by the labrum of one shoulders, in order to avoid possible injury the weight should be equally distributed.

Mikey Cunanan
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not bad but I do not want asymetrical movement. in your execution all the weight is absorbed by the labrum of one shoulders, in order to avoid possible injury the weight should be equally distributed.

After that one try I decided I want ready.  I will work on pushng the chest to the wall to build more mobility in the upper chest.  Alas back to the drawing board.  Improvements need to be made.